Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Monkeys!!

Here is another monkey card! I just love this little guy!


This is a shadow box card that I made for a card swap. Here is a link to a tutorial on making them. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/shadow_box_card/

For the background, I created the sun by punching a 1" circle out of a piece of copy paper. I placed the paper over a piece of watercolor paper where I wanted the sun and sponged barely banana over the hole. Then, I used the circle that I punched as a mask over the sun and sponged the sky (Soft Sky) also using a piece of paper over the bottom half to create the horizon. Lastly, I turned it around and masked off the sky and sponged the grass on using Old Olive.

Stamps: Stampendous, clear acrylic set

Paper: watercolor paper, soft sky

Ink: Old Olive, Brown Staz-on, Soft Sky, Barely Banana, Choc Chip

Misc: WCC, Aqua Painter, Pop Dots, Sticky Strip, Oval Punch, Sponges

2 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

Girl this is a totally awesome card! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Lorraine said...

This is such a cute card. It's a wonderful shadow box.