Monday, September 29, 2008
I finally got the courage to cut into this DP! I know it's retired, but I loved it and did not want to cut it! :)
Link to SC 195 - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384877
Recipe: Stamps - Embrace Life; Paper - Ruby Red, River Rock, Ginger Blossom DP, Whisper White; Ink - River Rock, Brown Staz-on, Ruby Red; Misc - River Rock Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Aqua Painter, Bling, Stickles, Pop Dots
I can't believe I cut into this paper before it was retired!! :) I layered all of the pieces of the flower using pop-dots. This was a pretty quick and easy card!
Stamps - One of a Kind; Paper - Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White, Haiku DP; Ink - Old Olive, Black; Misc - Nestabilities, Olive Twill Ribbon, Lg. Oval Punch, Pop Dots
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I finally snapped some new pictures of my scrappy space!
These shelves are from Pottery Barn, but are discontinued. I got them on a HUGE bargain! My shelves hold my SU ribbon, acrylic blocks, MM paints, Stickles, SU Markers, Primas, and some scrappy projects. Under the shelves on the let side is a set of small drawers that hold all of my sponges - I have a drawer for all the SU colors, that way, I can just reach for the color I want and I am not wasting them from one project to the next. On top of that, sits my ATG gun, brayers, glue and stamp cleaners.
My bulletin board holds cards from swaps and some stuff I have created as well.
Here is a close up of my new Ikea BYGEL rails! Love them!
Another shot of my cubes, which hold all my SU paper and other brands as well. My cuttlebug and Bigshot live there too!
Here is the right hand side of my desk. That's my other fav spot. My TV, computer and photo printers live over here!
Friday, September 26, 2008
I cased this card from StrappyStamper:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1057869
Squeeze out some stickles and 1 drop of a re-inker.
Blend in a new spot to create the color of stickles you want! I used a popsicle stick to blend.
Viola! No need to every color of stickles! :)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I love to deep sea fish, but HATE to eat fish - weird, eh?
2. I had a grandmother growing up that was a Catholic Nun! (Long, but true story...)
3. I love Coke! Not Diet Coke, not Cherry Coke, just Coke, out of a can, cold, but no ice!
4. I got hit by an 18 wheeler my junior year of high school coming home from Spring Break in Galveston Island, TX. My friend's brand new Blazer rolled down an enbankment 2.5 times (landing upside down), but we managed to walk away from the accident. I, being in the back seat, had just put my seatbelt on not 5 minutes prior to the accident. I am still a little leary of the big rigs today.
5. In my freshman year of college, I wanted to be a forensic pathologist and have actually been to an autopsy my senior year of high school. It was a field trip our Anatomy & Physiology Class took. It was very cool!
6. I (like my supertwin, Tori) love to watch murder mysteries, and read them too. Patricia Cornwell is one of my favorite authors (for those who are not familiar with her, she writes about a re-occuring character that is a forensic pathologist!) My fav shows are Cold Case, CSI, CSI Miami, American Justice, City Confidential, NCIS, etc - you get it, I have some fixation on solving murder mysteries.
7. I got my first speeding ticket ever (I am 32.) last year.
I am tagging:
Melisa Waldorf (http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com/)
Lesley Freiner (http://ourscrappylife.blogspot.com/)
Robin Cuevas (http://robincuevas.blogspot.com/)
Melita Ganoe (http://www.mganoe.blogspot.com/)
Terry Thayer (http://scrap-pirate.blogspot.com/)
Jenny Maron (http://maronsmoments.blogspot.com/)
Pam Bearden (http://addicted2bling.blogspot.com/ )
Friday, September 19, 2008
Again, another brayered card! I am hooked!
I love how this turned out! This is inspired by Michelle Zindorf's card that can be seen here: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/09/09/is-it-autumn-yet-tutorial-116/
I first stamped my Inkadinkadoo (Cats & Bats set) stamps in versamark and then in black ink and used embossing powder to emboss the images. I then brayered the top half with So Saffron and then used a circle as a mask for the moon. I brayered More Mustard, Really Rust and then sponged Elegant Eggplant. On the bottom part, I sponged Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Always Artichoke and then Eggplant on the bottom part. I stamped and embossed Happy Haunting on More Mustard and added brads and used pop-dots. I layered the card with black and elegant eggplant and stuck it to the More Mustard base, which I sponged around the edges.
I made this for my husbands cousin's wedding. I really miss the old In Colors from last year! :(
Supplies: Stamps: Always; Ink: White Craft, River Rock; Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, River Rock; Misc: Embossing Powder, River Rock ribbon, Fiskars border Punch, corner rounder, CB Embossing Folder, Pop-Dots
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I made these thank you's for my dh to send to friends that attended his 40th birthday party.
I stamped the lighthouse (Great Impressions) using Timber Brown Staz-on on watercolor paper and used WCC, SU markers, and an Aqua Painter to color it in. I then masked it and sponged soft sky around it. The card base is kraft and the mats are bordering blue. I also used the Thank You stamp from Artfully Asian and punched it using an oval punch in chocolate chip. I wish I had inked the card base as well as the kraft mat under the stamp - oh well, I was in a hurry. I got this sketch off of splitcoast and changed most of the colors as well as the stamps.
I totally cased this one (can't remember from who right now) and I LOVE how it turned out!
I started out by brayering whisper white with barely banana and pretty in pink. Next, I layered the top with purely pomegranate and then sponged it to blend it. On the bottom, I brayered certainly celery and old olive and sponged OO to blend. Lastly, I stamped using the Essence of Love in black.
Here is the tutorial for the brayered background: