Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Fat Tuesday!!

Happy Fat Tuesday, Ya'll!
Sorry I am not posting a card right now...maybe I'll have one tonight!
I had to bid farewell to a good friend for a little while.....

I am giving up Frappucino's for Lent - so I had to have one last one!! I am savoring it - yum! For those of you that know me locally, you know how hard this will be.....I have a Starbucks (with a Drive-Thru) at the entrance to my neighborhood!! It is so easy to grab one on my way out. I wanted to give up something really difficult in order to set a good example for my kids. I get them about 3 times a week, so I thought I would create a money jar, save the $3.71 I spend on each one and spend it after Easter on Copics or something fun like that! I think that's a good plan!
So for now....Goodbye, good friend (sniff, sniff), Goodbye....
So my question to those who observe Lent, what are your giving up? Leave me a comment on my blog!
~Tori

3 comments:

Janna said...

My family and I don't observe Lent but if I had to give up something that would be extremely difficult for me it would have to be chocolate! Good luck!

Smiles,
janna

Dee said...

Hmm...I will be giving up chocolate. Those that really know me, know that chocolate is a food group -- right up there with caffine!

Lesley said...

Hi Tori..I'm going to give up Starbucks too, it's becoming too much of a habit! I just love the signature hot choclate w/ a shot.