Saturday, April 4, 2009

My First Ketto!!

Happy Saturday Night, girls!

It has been a beautiful Saturday in NE FL today after several days of icky severe thunderstorms, wicked lightening and constant tornado watches. It was sunny and about 78 today. To top it off, my cutie-pie 5 year old son scored his first soccer goal today!! YAY!! His Mom (me) & Coach (me, again) are so proud of him!! This is his 3rd season to play and he loves it!

I forgot to mention that my oldest baby, Katie (12) scored her first lacrosse goal last weekend!! It was her 2nd lacrosse game ever! She has picked up this sport so fast and seems to {heart} it! I will post pics of her soon!

These new Ketto stamps from Stamping Bella are SOOO KEWL!
After waiting rather impatiently for them to arrive, they are finally here!!

I made this card for my 'Card Chicks' swap group of local chickies! (To my 'chicks' - yes, this is my March card!! LOL!! It's only April 4th!! Sorry I was so late!)

This is a rather 'busy' card for me - usually I have a hard time using more than 1 patterned paper on a card - this one has 3!! I used Basic Grey's Urban Prairie to complete SC222. The card base is my fav color - Cool Caribbean (going to have to hunt more of it down on the 'net pretty soon - running low!) I also used So Saffron and some pink Bazzill. I inked around the edges of the stamped image with some Regal Rose. I stamped the sentiment, cut and embossed it with my nesties and then sponged Cool Caribbean on with the nestie still covering it. I used Primas, bling from Kaiser and Apricot Appeal ribbon (SU). The sentiment is from the Friend Sentiments set by Amy R. (ATS) - which are 15% off at All That Scraps right now!!

**ENABLER ALERT!** - check out the sale at ATS!

I have vowed to try to use my Primas more....

Last week I re-organized all of my non-SU ribbon into larger biscuit jars from Target. I went through and purged some old foam stamps that I was storing in there. They will have a happy new home with my SIL in TX who just starting scrapbooking after visiting me last week! I sent her home with a ton of supplies, tools, etc that I was not using anymore!! Who needs 6 different 12" paper trimmers anyway?? Anywho, back to the point....I took all of my Primas out of their original containers and divided them by color groups into medium biscuit jars (Target). I then, realized that I need to start using them!! I never thought I had that many!!

Here is a picture of them and my ribbons:

Close up of my Primas:
I eventually will get some more jars and separate them out by color family. (click picture for a closer look)

Here are the Copics I used for this card:

Sorry for the novel tonight!! I am sleepy now and am going to crash!

~Tori

5 comments:

Patti J said...

I really like all of your patterns together! I don't think of it as busy - it's great! Love your coloring too. Congrats to your kiddo's on their sports achievements! How much fun! Cherish these days with them! Happy Sunday... (OH...love that you shared photo's of your 'stuff')!

Dee said...

I love her! I'm glad I have one for my collection -- from one card chick to another! I don't think the card is "too busy"! I think it's just right . . . you rock!

Unknown said...

I'm waitin' on a couple of Ketto's too... they are so CUTE!! Love the card and all the patterns look great. My Parker played in his first soccer game this weekend as well... he was hilarious running around like a chicken with his head cut off!

Lesley said...

I don't think it's too busy, it's really really cute!

Janna said...

Congrats to the kids! How exciting!!!

This card is awesome! I love the paper(one of my favorite sets) and the image is so, so cute! You colored her in beautifully!!! Great job on the layout as well!

I am so jealous of your craft space! I love all the jars and the way you organized everything!

smiles,
janna