Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Gingerbread!!

Happy Thursday, y'all! So much going lately, sorry I have not been posting more regularly. I promise to do a better job.

Pink Cat Studio has new Christmas digi's for you today!! I just adore these images as much as I adore real gingerbread!! My in-laws order these Gingerbread cookies as a fundraiser for my FIL's school and they are the best. We cannot get them in FL, so she always sends us a box every year! Now, I am jonesing for some!

I used the Gingerbread Family image as well as the FREE "Merry Christmas" sentiment for my card. I colored them with Copics and cut them out. I airbrushed the panel behind the 'Gingys' as well as the sentiment with Copic Marker and my ABS unit. I used several different Nestability Dies for this card. If you look close, I even cut a piece of white tulle out using a Nestie Die!! It worked perfectly! I also layered a little tulle in between the flowers. I added some clear Stickles around the edges of the tulle, the brad in the center of the flower as well as to Mrs. 'Gingy's' bow!

Here is a close-up of the cute family! I added some Matte puff paint (for T-shirts) for icing on the gingerbread people. I could not find any Liquid Applique and saw on Maria's blog that she uses this instead! (Thanks Maria!) You can see the tulle much better in this picture. I think it adds a nice touch to the card.


Be sure to check out all of the other DT member's blogs to see some more Christmas cheer!!

hugs,



Photobucket

No comments: