Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You are So Special!!

Happy Tuesday night, y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. Things are finally getting back to normal around here. Everyone is finally back at school (yay!!). The sun came out today too, so in honor of the sun, I decided to make a sunny, spring-y card!

I used a brand-spankin' new stamp from the So Special set from Magnolia. This is Tilda with Small Gift.
I don't tend to used lots of yellow, but this dress just begged for yellow!! The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I distressed all of the edges with a distresser tool and inked around all of the edges. The papers are from an old DP set - Chloe's Closet from MM. I added lots of Stickles to the flowers, dress, tiny gift, and swirl. I used 2 leaf punches that can be found here.
Copics Used:
E11, 00, 000, R30, E57, 55, 53, 50, E37, 35, 33, 30, Y23, Y21, Y0000, B95, 93, 91, W5, 3, 00


Supplies:
Stamps - Tilda with Small Gift, sentiment (Hero Arts)
Paper - Cardstock (SU), Chloe's Closet DP (MM)
Ink - Memento, Copics, SU Ink
Accessories - Stickles, Nestabilities, Fern Punch, Distresser Tool, Sponge, Flowers (WOC), swirl punch (EK Success), leaf punch

Have a wonderful night!!

Photobucket

27 comments:

justme1972 said...

LOVE your card Tori!!!

just me,
laura

Anonymous said...

Tori this is so lovely. My last card was actually a lemon/yellow as well :) but I love yellow anyways.
Love it!

Rosie said...

Beautiful card Tori! It makes me happy. Love all the details....distressed edges and stickles. We're supposed to get 10 inches of snow in OK in the wee hours of the morning so seeing some sunny colors on your card is cheering my up! Hugs, Rosemary

Card Crazy said...

Oh Tori, this is just too cute!
Sue S.

Cami said...

Oh how sweet, cute, and adorable! Love the yellow and blue!
Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Ah she is just adorable, cute cute card!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So sweet Tori--love that fresh color combo and beautiful papers! Makes me think of sunny days--fabulous!

See you in FL soon ;)

hugz,
Suzanne

Jean said...

A lovely card Tori. Love the blue and yellow together.. so sweet and sunnny and adore your layout your coloring.. very sweet card..
Hugs, Jean

Jean said...

A lovely card Tori. Love the blue and yellow together.. so sweet and sunnny and adore your layout your coloring.. very sweet card..
Hugs, Jean

Jodie from Oz said...

Tori,
Your card is beautiful, I love this sweet Tilda, she is such a cutie, the colours and embellies are gorgeous along with your wonderful colouring. hugs Jodie from Oz xx

Christina C. said...

Your Tilda is gorgeous....love your beautiful coloring! A fabulous creation!

Hope C. said...

Your card is beautiful! THe distressed paper almost looks like denim. I typically don't use much yellow either but your coloring is fabulous!

Corinne said...

Beautiful card Tori! They yellows and blues look go together so well.
Hugs~
Corinne

Myrna said...

Gives me hope that warmer days are ahead!!! It's below zero here!!! Beautiful job on your card Tori! Very nice color combo. Myrna

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Tori, BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! The colors are Fab!!

since you are a fishy kinda girl..I hope you will stop by my blog again tommorw and see my fishy post.. teeheeheeeee....
THanks for your visit and kind words..
hugs, Janiel

Rene said...

Pretty! I love buttercup yellow and blue!
Rene :D

Pen to Paper said...

Tori, she's a real cutie! I love how you've embellished/ colored. Congrats!

Hugs,

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Tori! Your coloring looks wonderful! hugs, Angela

Cordine said...

She's so cute!
Hugs
cordine

Paula said...

oh, I love this. Your color choice was perfect! The distressing looks great with this also! Well, I just love everything about this card:)

Cassy said...

GORGEOUS card! Your coloring is spectacular (as usual!) and your colors are beautiful! I love all your distressing and the sentiment!
:o)
Cassy

Deana said...

So sweet! Love the yellows and the blues.

Pam said...

Your card is gorgeous Tori. I tend not to use yellow much because I never get the soft girly, springy yellow you achieved. Mine is usually Big Bird Yellow! Love everything about it.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I love her dress in yellow!
hugs,
Shell

Sandy said...

Hey Tori! Your card is so pretty ..I love the design and the blue and yellow colors. Your coloring is very nice and the shading around Tilda is perfect!
Hugs
Sandy

Unknown said...

So pretty...love the coloring job and the layout.

Chris said...

Love the colors on this card, Tori! It is just such a sunny combination! You did a wonderful job on your Tilda, too!