Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brayered Essence


Here is another brayered background!! I LOVE this technique, so you will probably see a lot more of these coming down the pike. :) I made this card for a swap with some friends.
Supplies: Stamps: Essence of Love; CS: Whisper White, Black, So Saffron; Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Black; Misc: Word Window & Lg. Oval Punch, Apricot Appeal Ribbon, brayer, Pop Dots, Sponges
Technique: On WW CS, I tore the edge of a post-it-note and used it to create a mask towards the bottom of the panel. I then started brayering SS on the top half and then layered MM above it. I then sponged RR towards the top. I took off the mask and then sponged CC and OO on the bottom section. I then stamped the flowers using black ink after I let everything dry a bit. I heat set the black ink - it did not dry right away. I sponged both punched pieces. I also punched the card base with SS to make the color more rich.
TFL!

No comments: