Thursday, January 7, 2010

PCS Valentine's Digi Release!

Hi, y'all! It's Thursday, so you know what that means....PCS Digi Release Day!!

I promised you the whole enchilada yesterday, so here it is: (speaking of enchiladas, The Pioneer Woman has the best recipe! - Just made them this week, again...YUM! I {heart} Mexican food - I am from TX after all!) This is Lily Valentine Fairy - I Heart You. Check it out here along with the other new cuteness! It is available in both rubber & digi!! Isn't she just completely adorable? I thought so too! I reached back in my Valentine's stash and pulled out some Fancy Pants Crush DP and paired it with some Cool Caribbean and Regal Rose. I did some whimsical stitching around the edges of the DP. For the embellishment, I punched some fern leaves (big surprise, eh?) and tucked them under some flowers I hand-crocheted and topped with some PTI buttons. I then, punched some small hearts and added them to the leaves with some Stickles. For the center strip, I punched some Regal Rose with my MS Heart border punch and layered it with some American Crafts polka dotted ribbon. Here is a close-up of this cutie. I printed her out on PTI Stampers Select paper and used my oval nesties to cut and layer her. For the background around her, I colored it in solid using R81 and then colored using my colorless blender in circles to create this mottled look. I think it puts more focus on the image. Here are the colors I used: Skin - E000, E00, R20; Dress & Cupcake - R85, R81, E35; Wings - BG10, BG11; Hair - Y21, Y26. I added a cute little Hero Arts heart bling to the sentiment, some Liquid Glass to her cupcake and hearts some clear Stickles to her wings.


Here is another card using another new image Pixies Make a Cupcake. It is also available in both Rubber & Digi as well. These sweet Pixies are hard at work dressing up a scrumptious cupcake! I reached way out of my comfort zone and tried something new on this one - a quilted background! I really try to leave math out of my paper crafting, but I had to sit down and use the old brain a little to figure out how big to make the squares! I am sure someone has a recipe somewhere for this, but I did it on my own! If you are interested, I used 12 - 1.25" squares that made up a panel 3.75" x 5". I cut them all out and then lightly glued them to a piece of printer paper (just regular paper - did not want it too thick) and then sewed down the lines and then stitched it to the yellow panel. I found this We R Memory Keepers Heart Attack DP in my stash - it is really bold and cute! It goes well with Summer Sun (SU) and Cool Caribbean. I used one of Melissa's FREE sentiments - check them out here. For the tag, I used my new Octagonal Nesties along with some American Crafts ribbon and a PTI button.
Here is a close-up of these sweeties. I colored the image with the following Copics: E00, R20, 37, Y11, 15, 17, 21, 26, RV21, 29, BG10, 11,13, YR 16. I added some stickles to the Pixie's wings and some Liquid Glass to the cupcake. I airbrushed using BG10 around the image and sentiment.

Here are all of the images being released today.
Be sure to check out all my other DT Sista's posts too!


2 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

These are both beautiful Tori! I love the first one's sweetness and your embellies with her are awesome! And love, love the patchwork on the second--I don't sew but I love to see it and this makes this card just pop!

hugz,
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Gosh, it's been so long since I've been at anyone's blog-- getting caught up might take me 3 months!! LOVE these adorable cards--- I hadn't seen any of the digi images yet and I adore them! Hope you are feeling better now, sounds like your house was similar to all of the sickies in mine! YUCK!!!