Monday, March 22, 2010

Whiff of Joy Guest DT Call

Happy Monday again, folks!

Whiff of Joy is having a Guest DT call, so I thought I would give it a shot. I just recently got an order of these beauties in the mail and they were dying for some inky love! The specifics of the GDT call were to use:
At least 1 WOJ stamp, 1 card stock, 2 design papers, 1 button & 1 ribbon
For more info on the Call, check here.

I decided to ink up Willow with Flower Basket. Isn't she just gorgeous? I love all of the detail in the stamp. I pulled out some Making Memories Chloe's Closet DP and paired it with some So Saffron and Buckaroo Blue card stock. I decided to distress the edges of everything with my Heidi Swapp distressing tool, then, I added some stitching around the edges. The ribbon is some SU Apricot Appeal grosgrain.

I have really bad news, my beloved fern punch bit the dust today. I went to use it and a piece of metal went flying out of it onto the floor. So, no more fern punch until I locate a new one. I knew it was on the fritz and that it would not be lasting much longer, but it is still sad to see my most used tool break on me in such a time of need! LOL! Here is a close-up of Willow. I colored her with Copics, cut her out and popped her up on a panel that I airbrushed with B21, YG17 & YG25. I used a scallop circle mask to create the clouds behind her.

Here are the Copics I used: E0000, E000, E00, E31, 33, 35, 37, 50, 53, 55, 59, B91, 93, 95, 97, C1 & C3, Y21 & Y26, R20, YR00, 02, & 16 & YG95.

Here is a close-up of my hydrangea flower. It was so simple to make, but looks so pretty on the page! :) I punched the layers with the MS hydrangea punch and crumpled them and then flattening them out. I added my button to the center with a little twine. The leaves are another MS punch.

Supplies: Stamps - Willow with Flower Basket - Whiff of Joy, sentiment - SU;
Paper - SU card stocks, Gina K 120 White, Making Memories Chloe's Closet DP; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics; Accessories - MS punches (leaves & hydrangea), Oval Punches (SU), Oval Nesties, Heidi Swapp distressing tool, Copic ABS, 3-D foam tape, button & twine (PTI), ribbon (SU), sewing machine

That's all! Wish me some luck! ~Tori

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow...your card is beautiful. Love the colors and all the details. Good luck for the DT-Call.
Hugs,
Ranita

Peggie said...

This is just adorable. Love yellow and blue.

Tracy said...

Love it! You do such beautiful work. Good luck with the DT call.

Katharina Frei said...

A fantastic card. Great colour combo and I love the background of the stamp!!
Katharina