Sunday, December 5, 2010

Book Review - Flatlands by Susan Sims Moody

Happy Monday! I don't have a card to show you today, but I will be posting several this week - I promise! Instead, I have a book review to share with you.

I recently read and reviewed:


by Susan Sims Moody

Flatlands is the first installment of the Jennifer Martin Mystery Series. The story is about a girl named Jennifer who has recently moved back to her small hometown in Bedford, Mississippi after attending college in the Mid-West. She takes a job with the failing local newspaper in Bedford and throws herself into the inner workings of the small town. After settling into to her own place and meeting some new faces, she soon finds people and things are not as they seem...

This book is rich in description and character development. It captures the essence of small town life interwined with southern charm and traditional values throughout. I felt as if I had lived in Bedford, MS my whole life!

Flatlands is a light-hearted mystery that is easy to read. I found it the perfect book for my Kindle App on my iPhone, because it was so easy to pick up and jump right back into the story. I enjoyed this book thoroughly and could not wait to read the next in the series, Mercy as well. I would highly recommend this book to anyone!

Author information

Susan Sims Moody is the author of three novels in the Jennifer Martin mystery series. Born and raised in Mississippi, she now lives in Hudson, Wisconsin, with her husband, two well-above average children, and their dogs Skipper and Mary Ann.

I hope you enjoyed my review! I will be back tomorrow with some new Christmas cards!
Photobucket

No comments: