Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cowabunga Dude!

Happy Tuesday to ya! Hope your week is going well! I have a busy one. We just got back from the beach on Sunday and my friends flew back to TX - we had a blast visiting with them. In fact, we are already planning next year's trip! Tomorrow, my in-laws fly in and we will be off again on more adventures.

On a side note, I have BIG news....I made the first cut for the Guest Design spot for Hanna Stamps! Yay! I will have to create a 3-D project for the 2nd round, but am so excited to be included with the other talented ladies that were chosen. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Now, down to business...
Here is another Kona card from Eclectic Paperie. This little guy ROCKS! I am getting better with my Copic Airbrush techniques, but am low on air - oh well, that's how life goes, eh? Maybe I can get a compressor for Christmas - ha, wishful thinking! Kona was colored with Copics, masked and then I airbrushed the sky and sand. It is hard to see, but I used some Lemon and Orange atyou spica glitter pens on his surfboard - it is really cute in person. See below for a close-up. I used Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Scenic Route DP and Gina K 80# PL cardstock. The EK Success sandcastle border punch was one of the best things I have purchased lately. I punched it using very vanilla and then distressed it with Desert Sand ink (CTMH). I also used the wavy border punch from EK Success on the baja breeze and embossed it with the tiny bubbles CB folder.

Here is a close-up of him - isn't he cute?

Here are the Copics used.

Supplies: Stamps - Hangin' with Kona - Eclectic Paperie; Paper - Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Scenic Route DP, Gina K. 80# CS; Ink - Memento, Copics, Desert Sand - CTMH; Accessories - Brads - HL, CB embossing folder, punches - EK Success, SU (ticket corner), chocolate chip twill - SU, Copic Airbrush, sponge, nesties, Copic atyou spica glitter pens

Thanks for stopping by. Hope your summer is going great!
~Tori

3 comments:

Dee said...

Super cute! Congrats on making the final cut! I knew you'd do it . . .I believe in you!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Great card and Congrats!!! I can't wait to see all your creations!

Scrappin Cheryl said...

Awesome Tori! You Rock!