Friday, May 7, 2010

Chicken Soup for You!

Happy Friday, y'all! I had an awesome time at the Tim McGraw concert last night!! It was the first time I have seen him in concert and boy was it worth it! (oh, and he's some nice eye-candy too!! LOL!)

I have a new Whiff of Joy card to show you today. This is Willow's Hot Chicken Soup.
I think she could be used for lots of other types of cards - house warming or gift giving where food is involved. Any way, you want to use this stamp, she is very sweet! I know this My Mind's Eye DP is not new, but it is new to me! I just found it at HL recently. I paired it with some Kiwi Kiss and Pretty in Pink. The sentiment is from PTI's Autumn Abundance set. I airbrushed the circle with some YG93 and then stitched around the circle with my sewing machine. The curvy border and flourish punches are from EK Success, the flowers are Prima and the pearls are KaiserCraft.
Here is a close-up of Willow. She was colored with Copics and cut out. I added some white dots to her apron with a gel pen? Do you wear an apron when you cook? My Mom does just about every time she cooks - me, not so much! In this month's Southern Living magazine, there is an article (last page of the mag) about how southern women used to wear aprons all of the time. They wore a cooking apron to cook and a party apron to 'serve' the food. It was a cute article that calls for southern women to pull out those aprons once again. I love the last page of Southern Living. It always has an article about an observation or cute anecdote about the south. When I get a new issue, I flip to the back and read that page first!! As a native Texan and now Floridian (who even had a short stint in Charleston, SC), I am truly a Southern Girl!
Okay, back to the task at hand....
Here are the Copics I used.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day! ~From a proud Southern Girl! :)

1 comment:

Candy said...

Love this get well card, Tori.
Beautiful sketch and wonderful shading behind Willow!!! Great paper selection and pretty flowers.
Hugs, Candy