Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nurse Willow Easel Card

Happy Saturday, y'all. I am pre-posting this Friday night as I am off an running to soccer games this morning!

Today, I have a new release from Whiff of Joy to share with you. Nurse Willow and the other Get Well series of stamps are available beginning today over at Whiff of Joy.
Isn't she so sweet? I would love to have a nurse that sweet taking care of me if I were sick! I created another Easel Card - not sure why it took me so long to try one of these. They are almost as easy as making a regular card, but are so much prettier! I airbrushed a doily (Wilton) with some G000 and the circle with some R21. I am steadily using up my Kioshi DP stack from Basic Grey. I have yet to use up a whole stack, but have already made a big dent in this one. I used some Sweet Blush card stock from PTI and some Gina K. White 120 lb. paper for my stamped image. This is really my favorite paper to use with Copics. It blends very well and does not bleed through the back. I distressed the edges of my papers with my Heidi Swapp distresser - it looks like a pink Pacman! I dipped into my pink Prima stash and used lots of light pink ones along with some Dew Drops for the centers. The sentiment was computer generated and punched and layered with SU punches. The border and fern punches are from Martha Stewart. Lastly, the ribbon is PTI - Aqua Mist.
Here is a close-up of Willow. She is taking such good care of her dolly. I colored her with Copics and cut her out. She is layered on top using 3-D foam tape.
Here is a quick look at the inside. Left a blank spot for a note.
Here are the Copics. I am trying to get back into the habit of picturing/listing them as many people on the Magnola-licious yahoo group have requested it. Frankly, it is how I learned what colors went nicely together and what colors I still needed to purchase. I still love to look at what colors others are using and make notes in a notebook I keep on colors for skin, wood, nature, etc.
Hope you have a great weekend. It is supposed to hit 90 here in FL this weekend, so I am thrilled we have early soccer games! I coach my 6 yr old's team and they play on a turf field instead of real grass. You can add about 5-8 degrees to the the outside temp. when you are standing on that turf field! The heat radiates off of it making it much warmer. I would not trade it for a moment, tho. This is my 5th season coaching soccer. I coached when my daughter, now almost 14, was 5 & 6 and now I am on my 3rd season for my son's team. Who knows, maybe I will coach my 5 yr old's team one day too! I just love the sport!
Sorry for the tangent....Have a great weekend! ~Tori

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I absolutely love your Nurse Willow Get well soon. Can you tell me, is the doily you used acid / lignin free? Does it need to be?
Lovely card...
I'm a nurse...so no wonder I have a soft spot..LOL..
Deborah