Friday, August 20, 2010

Coffee Time!

Happy Friday, y'all! I have a jam-packed day of school stuff today, but wanted to she a quick project I did this week using Starbucks Via packets. I thought these would be a cute and quick gift to give a teacher or friend as a Thank You, etc. As you probably know, Starbucks sells these Via Instant Coffee packs that hold 3 packets. I took one of the packages apart and made my own packaging. C'mon - we are scrappy gals, of course everything has to be re-packaged and have a stamp of some sort incorporated into the mix, right?
So here is my version!

To create the packaging, I disassembled the original packaging and traced around it - really inventive, huh? I did tweak it a bit for my needs. I used some Kaiser Craft Lush DP and paired it with some Basic Grey and Really Rust cardstocks - both from SU. I used the Warm Happiness PTI set to create a really simple focal point. The mug was stamped using coordinating inks, cut out and layered onto some Vintage Cream (PTI) cardstock. I used my Oval Nestibilities to cut it out and inked around the edges of the stamped image with some BG ink.

Instead of making the top flap fold into the bottom flap like the original package, I created a simple belly band with the help of a scoring tool and some measuring. The belly band slides off and viola, you can get to the goods! Here is a peek of the inside - very simple. I guess I could have lined it with some DP, but I was just playing around with this one and I got it right on my first try! Sometimes when trying a new altered item or template, I have to make a few samples of it to work out the kinks. Next time, I can embellish it more, just wanted to see how it came out. The packet still holds 3 Via packets just like the original one. This packaging could hold other individually packaged mixes like Crystal Light and I think Splenda is even packaged like this too. I recently bought the Taster's Choice version like these while on vacation and it was surprisingly very good! They are probably a lot cheaper than Starbucks version and come 20 to a package, so they would be a cute and economical accompaniment to a coffe mug for a present or something of the sort!
Well, I am off to drink some coffee now! I use my Keurig Coffee maker - totally addicted to it! Maybe I need to make a Keurig Coffee Gift Set....hmmm...wheels are turning...a box that holds 2 pods and a cute card to match.....hmmmm....might be coming down the pike soon!

Have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments: