Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First 7 Kids Challenge!!

Happy Wednesday, ladies!! Hope everyone is having a wonderfully scrappy day! Today is the kick off for the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog!!

The first challenge theme is: Pink & Polka Dots!! Be sure to stop by and check out all of the specifics. One winner will be chosen randomly to win a $50.00 gift card to the 7 Kids store!!!

Here is the card I made for the challenge. I used my most favorite Magnolia Stamp, Jam Tilda.

For the background, I used the Spring Fence stamp. I stamped it with Staz-On on watercolor paper and used Tim Holtz Re-inkers to color it. The watercoloring is pretty new to me, so bear with me as I work on it! Tilda was stamped on Copic Paper and colored with Copics - sorry ladies, I was not brave enough to try watercoloring her too!! I had to pull out some more Basic Grey Infuse DP - I can never get enough Basic Grey!! I paired it with some Pretty in Pink & Old Olive cardstock. The sentiment is from a PTI Ltd. Edition Set. I cut the sentiment out with a Labels Trio Nestability and airbrushed it with some Copic Marker. I used my sewing machine around the DP. I added some PTI ribbon, Prima Roses, Martha Stewart Floral Lace Border punch and some leaves for embellishments.
Here is a close-up of Tilda. I used some Inkssentials Gel pen to add polka dots to her dress and some Stickles on the flowers at her feet.

Supplies:

Stamps - Jam Tilda, Spring Fence, Sentiment (PTI)

Paper - Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Copic Paper, Watercolor Paper

Ink - Memento, Staz-On, Copics, Distress Re-Inkers

Accessories - Inkssentials Gel Pen, Labels Trio Nestability, Stickles, Sewing Machine, PTI Ribbon, Prima Roses, Nellie Snellen Leaf Punch, ATG Gun, Scoring Tool, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Copic ABS


Be sure to check out the other 7 Kids DT blogs for inspiration too!
Hugs,

Photobucket

14 comments:

Annika said...

I was just abou to ask how you achieved such a lovely watercolour background when I read your comment about colouring Tilda's dress on my blog, lol
I love your soft colouring, that is a style I totally struggle with. Too heavy-handed, I guess.
I might get together a tutorial on colouring folds with Copis in next weeks since loads of people have asked. Things are wee bit unpredictable at the moment, my son is seriously sick and crafting time down to minimum - if at all!!
Hugs
Annika

Leonie said...

Wow this is seriously gorgeous!! Love every bit of it!!. your watercolouring looks great and Tilda is gorgeous in her pink polka dots!
hugs Leonie

Candy said...

Wonderful work, Tori!!
Beautifully coloured both water colour and Copics.
Love the polka dots on Tilda's dress.
Hugs, Candy

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh...so beautiful!

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness I love your card your coloring is great....I love your color choices and your DP's
Linda W.

cabio's craft corner said...

Delightful card with precious design :o)
hugs,
Cabio

Myrna said...

Very nice card. I like how you colored her dress like the ribbon. Myrna

Christina C. said...

Love your card....you did a great job with the inks! I haven't had the nerve to try, but I definitely want to! Love the look of the distress inks!! Great job!

Kathy Gerace said...

You did a beautiful job on your card! The watercolor background looks great to me. Your coloring is fabulous! Very nice card.
Kathy Gerace

Nancy said...

Tori, this is just exquisite. I am very partial to soft coloring and this captures it so beautifully. Thanks for sharing this exquisite creation!

Lisette Morris said...

Her polka dot dress is adorable! The entire card is! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card, Tori! I love your colouring and the polka dots on her dress to match the ribbon! x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is so lovely! I know I am going to have the best time working with you at The Pink cat Studio! Beth

Monique said...

I just love this image and you did an amazing job coloring it..The whole card is absolutely stunning :)