Friday, March 6, 2009

For a Sweet Friend

Two cards in one day!! Yay!

Things were much quieter today, but I did happen to have a little 'drama' tonight - Parker found a scorpion in his room before bed - yes a live scorpion! The ones here in FL are small - they look like babies and are a light brown - I am told they are not poisonous, but I do not want to test that theory!! I swiftly took care of him and sent him packing (down the bubbler - a little Flushed Away humor, lol!) We have found 6 of them in the house in the last 2 years - all but one, alive.

This is another Digi Stamp from ATS. This bear is so stinkin' cute!
I know I say this every time I color one, but it's true.

This bear is from the Sweet Treats Set from CC Designs and the sentiment is one of Amy R's new Friend Sentiments. I cannot say enough about this set. It is so versatile!

I really like this new paper from MME - Tiffany's - It goes great with the current SU In Colors and some of the papers are glittery - what more could a girl want? I used Kiwi Kiss as my card base. I layered some of the MME CS on top of it and used my Labels 2 Nesties to cut out the image and copics to color him. I used my EK Success wavy border punch - another cool recent purchase. I colored the ice cream cone and added some lime green stickles to it and popped it up on the tag. The ribbon is Creative Impressions.

Here is the inside of the card. This sentiment is part of the Sweet Treats Set.

Here are the copics I used:

TFL!
~Tori


7 comments:

Patti J said...

Too cute! That stamp SO makes me remember a story about my 33 year old son when he was about 5 - made me smile!!!

Unknown said...

Totally cute!! love the wavy punch too! I'm heading to Michael's in a little bit to pick up a few others-- on sale again, woo-hoo! :) (And I think I would FREAK if I found a scorpian in my house--- we get the occassional field mouse and I freak out!!)

Dee said...

Adorable! I have the wavy punch (along with the others) on my "to purchase" list!

Janna said...

A real scorpion? OMG!!! I would have to move. I couldn't handle that. You are very brave!

I love this card! The paper is so fun and the nesties are perfect! I have to say though that the little ice cream cone is the perfect touch! I love the glitter on it! So, so cute!

SMiles,
janna

Deb said...

Hi Tori! I found your blog from Melisa's! Just wanted to come say hi to a fellow Floridian! Love your cards and all your fantastic Copic coloring (I just joined that bandwagon!) I'm hoping NOT to see any scorpions in our house anytime soon! ;)

Melisa Waldorf said...

OOPPPss,looks like he is makin' a sweet mess there. How adorable is this image! I love it! Awesome card girl!

Tracy said...

This came out sooooooo cute Tori! I love the layout and the colors. Fantastic job!