Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A True Friend

Happy Wednesday Everyone!


It has been a busy few days around our house. Katie sprained her ankle on Monday night and then had 3 three teeth pulled the next day. I have been in several doctors offices this week!! Accckk - I do not want to see another one for a long while!



Anyhoo, I did carve out some time today to do today's sketch challenge SC218 and combine it with the ATS Design Challenge 39 (ATSDTC39)- Dry Embossing!! Pop on over there to see what the design team cooked up for this challenge!

These stamps are now available for purchase on ATS's website.

This cutie is from the Spring Things set. The sentiment comes from Amy's Friend Sentiments set - This set is an awesome deal - 25 stamps for $14!!

I used some new Pinecone Press paper along with Whisper White, Rose Red, So Saffron & Wild Wasabi. This is pretty bold for me, but I think it turned out cute! This was also my first attempt at 'blue jeans' with my copics - I think it turned out good. I cut her out and popped her up using a pop dot. I sponged the background using certainly celery, wild wasabi and bashful blue. I created the clouds by using a scallop punch as a mask. I used a white gel pen and some Wild Wasabi ribbon to add little accents. This was also my first attempt at brown hair - I think it turned out ok, but need to work on it... LOL!

Here are the copics I used:

Thanks for hopping by!

~Tori

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is so cute! I can't wait to get the new ones!

Janna said...

I love, love, love this card!!! The colors are amazing and I love those papers! That image is adorable!!! i love, love, love it! So cute!

Sorry to hear about your daughter! I really hope she heals quickly!

Smiles,
janna

Patti J said...

What a cute card! So bright and cheery! You just wanna reach out and hug the little girl :)

Hope your daughter feels better very soon!

Lesley said...

What cute card Tori, love that little girl!

Tracy said...

This is so stinkin' cute Tori! I love the bright colors you chose & your layout. Rockin'!!!