Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fun In the Sun Lily

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

The weather is icky today - over-cast and looking like the bottom will drop out any minute, so I decided to play along with CC218 at SCS since the colors are bright and cheery! The sketch came from LPS's Monday sketch challenge. I just got these Lily at the Beach stamps yesterday in the mail and could not wait to rip them open and get inky with them!

The color challenge was Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss and Only Orange -
I was little skeptical and then saw a few samples and decided I LOVED it!
This is a great sketch too and one I am sure I will use over and over.
I colored her with my Copics, masked her and then sponged Desert Sand (CTMH) and Cool Caribbean. I used a SU Scallop punch to create the cloudy background. Used my trusty oval nesties to punch and layer - really wish I came up with the idea for these!! The two background blocks were run through my CB with the Swirls and dots folders. I then, added some orange stickles to all of the swirls. I stamped the sentiment, cut out and popped up and of course, added some more stickles! A beachy-girl can still have bling, right? ATS carries this awesome ribbon by May Arts - you have to see this stuff in person to see how shimmery, etc. it is! The colors are just beautiful.

I still need to learn how to create a 'tanned' look with my copics - Lily looks a bit pasty to be a total beach babe - any color suggestions, youtube links, tutorials on this would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the copics I used:

Thanks and have a great rest of the day!

~Tori

3 comments:

Dee said...

I love all the bright colors! I agree, I like all the colors when together . . . they are perfect for the beach! Love the stickles, too!

Melissa said...

Awesome job on your card Tori!! Love the colours :)

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Great Card!! I love how you colored her!!!