Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SU Swatch Ring

SU Swatch Ring w/Copic Colors
I have been meaning to post this for a while, but keep forgetting. This is my new best friend:(well, next to my Copics and my new Airbrush System!...)

This was super easy to make and saves me loads of time when matching to patterned papers.

I punched one of each of the current and retired SU papers, using the SU scallop punch. I have the retired In Colors from the last few years. I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the papers. I labeled the color name on everthing and then put them in 'rainbow' order.

On the back, I added the corresponding Copic color. Here is a chart from SCS with matches. Here is another one from Paper Canoes. (I hope she does not mind if I link to her site - she is so uber-talented!) I have not compared the two to see if they match exactly, but you can pick which one you like. I ordered some PTI paper and I will add it to the ring once I have a chance. I think I will keep it separate from the SU colors.

It's not fancy, but it is very useful!
Hope you found this helpful!
~Tori

2 comments:

Patti J said...

You are just too smart! Great idea - thanks for sharing!

Tammie said...

Love it!! You would be so kind as to share your list for the SU "rainbow" list