Monday, September 14, 2009

Just A Note!

Hi there - Me again! You get a two-fer today! I will make this one quick - I have to go throw something in the crock pot as Monday's are the night I coach my son's soccer team! I am trying to get used to using my crock pot more often as we have soccer 3 nights a week now.

->If anyone has any good crock pot recipes or just fast recipes on the healthier side, I would love to for you to share them! <-

I whipped this puppy up last night while watching In Love and War with Sandra Bullock and Chris O'Donnell. It was made a while back ('96, I think), but it is a wonderful movie about a young Ernest Hemingway. It is a take on his book A Farewell to Arms. I will probably watch it again before sending it back to Netflix. If you have not seen it, I totally recommend it. I plan to start reading more of his works - I am ashamed to say I have not read many of them.
I finally finished coloring this image from PTI's Autumn Abundance set, released last month. I started it early last week and other projects got in the way! I used some more of my In Bloom DP, this time in the Enchanted Evening shade - just ordered some of that CS and ink last night - can't wait for my PTI goodies to arrive! I sponged some Summer Sunrise ink around the edges of the stamped image and layered with my new Peony Nesties. I love those things! The sentiment was stamped onto Summer Sunrise and die-cut with my Labels Trio Nesties. I added a Dark Chocolate button and some linen thread (SU) to tie in the Dark Chocolate CS I used as a mat. To finish it off, I had to add some satin Summer Sunrise ribbon to tie all of the colors together. This card measures 4x4 and as soon as my 4x4 kraft envies arrive, I will package it up!

Here are the Copics I used to color my image:

Supplies: Stamps - Autumn Abundance (PTI); Paper - Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select White, Ripe Avocado, In Bloom DP (all PTI); Ink - Memento, Copics, Summer Sunrise; Accessories - sponge, Summer Sunrise Ribbon, Dark Chocolate Button, Linen Thread (SU), Peony & Tag Trio Nesties

Have a great day! ~Tori

No comments: