Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wishing You Peace

Hello All! Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! I am still at home with my son recovering. He never got really sick, but the meds have really made his stomach upset, so he doesn't want to eat, etc. We are so lucky, because he is considered high risk, because of his uncontrolled asthma.

Anywho, how about another Christmas card! This is another card from PTI's Tree Trimming Trio set. I know these are non-traditional Christmas colors, but I like something different for a change!
I used some more Kraft cardstock today - I like the look on other people's card, but when I sit down to use it, I draw a blank! Does that ever happen to you? Oh well, I am facing my fear head on! LOL! I stamped the tree on Kraft using Ripe Avocado and Dark Chocolate for the stump and had cut. I added some buttons in Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush and Spring Moss - all tied with some linen thread (SU). I had used so much of it lately, I am running out. I will have to get the PTI twine and see how I like it! The stars were stamped in Sweet Blush and Aqua Mist and had cut as well.

My card base is Kraft and layered with Ripe Avocado and some Aqua Mist that I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then stitched to the Avocado. When using stitching, I tend to sew the top two layers together and then adhere to the card base with adhesive, so the stitching on the back is not visible - I just like a clean look to the inside of the card. What is your preference?

I happily opened my new Tree punch from EK Success earlier this week and have been putting it to good use! (Gotta make sure it works, right? LOL!) I punched it and layered it with some Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DP and Sweet Blush Polka Dot ribbon.

I punched the tag with a Labels Trio, stamped the sentiment with Ripe Avocado ink and added the star embellishment to it.

I hope you enjoyed my non-traditional Christmas card! Have a great day! ~Tori

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow Tori, LOVE your non-traditional colors here! What a gorgeous card! You should submit this one someplace for publication! Great job!

jealeo said...

Love it!

Vicki G said...

This is BEAUTIFUL TOri!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Tracy said...

Goregous card Tori!! Love all of the details. This has to be my favorite non-traditional holiday card I've seen yet.