Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Monday to ya! Hope y'all had a great weekend. Yesterday was my birthday and it was nice to just relax and hang out with my family! I did get a chance to work on some birthday cards this weekend. I am trying to refill my stash of cards and add some new stuff to my Etsy store.

I love, love, love this Bella (EmmyBella) for birthday cards! She is so fashionable and fabulous!
I always pair her with one of Amy R's birthday sentiments. This sentiment set is so versatile! I pulled out some more Basic Grey Indian Summer, some Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette cardstock for this card. The ribbon is PTI Berry Sorbet. I am addicted to this set of Nesties! I have used it a lot lately. The scallop border punch is Martha Stewart.
Here is a close-up of Bella. I colored her with my Copics and paper pieced the shopping bag. I masked her and airbrushed the background with some R20 copic ink.


For my second card, surprise....I used EmmyBella again! LOL!
I used more BG Indian Summer. I have really had a hard time using this paper - it is beautiful, but when I would sit down to use it, I struggled matching it up with cardstocks and getting the patterns to gel with each other. Do you ever have that problem? Well, I decided to face it head on and challenge myself to use it up! I know this sounds bad, but I will be a little relieved when my 6x6 pad is gone! I really do like the colors, etc - it has just been my nemesis! I have been lurking around to see how others are pairing it up for inspiration. So, for this card, I paired these patterns with some PTI Berry Sorbet paper (but Cameo Coral is a good match too) and ink and some Chocolate Chip. Dark Choc from PTI is a great match too - just trying to use up my SU stuff first! I added some fern leaves, a PTI Chocolate button and one of my hand-crocheted flowers - getting low on these too - need to make more!
Here is a close-up of this Bella. I colored her clothes the same as the first card, but sponged Berry Sorbet around the image and added some Liquid Glass to her purse for more fabulousness!


Supplies: Stamps - EmmyBella (StampingBella), Sentiment (Amy R - All That Scraps); Paper - Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Berry Sorbet, Stamper's Select White (PTI), Basic Grey Indian Summer; Ink - Copics, Memento, Berry Sorbet; Accessories - Copic ABS, button (PTI), Berry Sorbet ribbon (PTI), fern & scallop border punches (Martha Stewart), linen thread (SU), crocheted flower (hand-made), Tag & Labels 4 Nesties, Liquid Glass (CTMH)

1 comment:

gobeagirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORI! I hope you had an awesome day...I think your cards are just soooo cute. What fun just to see them. Have a wonderful evening, Lisa G