Thursday, November 5, 2009

PCS Digi Release Thursday!

Happy Thursday Morning! Hope everyone is doing well today! It is supposed to be beautiful here in sunny FL! I am hoping to open my window and get crackin' on some new images and cards!

Today, Pink Cat Studio is releasing new Digi images! Go --> HERE <-- to check out the new stuff!
Also, Melissa decided to release the Itty Bitty Christmas set as digi's too! Aren't these little sweeties too adorable?

For my first card, I used the new PCS_BirdsMakeCupcake image for this one.
I whipped up this little 'cupcake' pretty quickly. I colored the image with my Copics and used my Circle Nesties to cut out and layer it. I sponged some Pink Pirouette around the edges of the sentiment and image. Of course, this is one of Melissa's new FREE digi sentiments! She is awesome to make these available for free! I had to pull out some of my Urban Prairie DP from Basic Grey for this card - it has to be one of my all-time favorite paper lines! I used some Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze to compliment the DP. I added a prima, some fern leaves (MS punch), and a BG pink pearl to embellish the sentiment.

Look Ma, NO sewing! Can you believe it? It has become one of my favorite embellishments, but my hubby gets upset when I do it during his beloved World Series game! LOL! (he watches TV with me in my studio at night) Men and Sports....I have enjoyed watching the Phillies play, though. I like post-season playoffs for most sports. I think there is more on the line, so it is more exciting!
Here is a close-up of my coloring - these little birdies are just, plain adorable! If you look closely at the cherry on top, I applied some Liquid Glass to it to make it shine!

For card #2, I used the BillyRidesPolarBear image. Isn't he sweet? I swear, my 6 year old, has a sweet face like this! I know, I know... I am his Mommy and I am supposed to say things like that, but it really is true! My 3rd punk - the 4yr old has a very mischievous look on his face most days, so you would not catch me saying that about him! LOL! He is a sweetie too, but also very headstrong!

Anywho, I dug deep into my stash and pulled out some Basic Grey Blitzen! (Goin' Old Skool!) I was so in love when this line came out eons ago, that I bought 2 fulls 12 x 12 sets! I still have lots of certain sheets left! Old Olive and Riding Hood Red cardstock goes great with this DP. I used my oval & ribbon tag trio nesties and another Free sentiment! I airbrushed the label with some B91 ink. Here is a close-up of my coloring. I think he turned out pretty cute! To make his fur trim look a little fluffy, I used my Copic colorless blander and used a circular motion to pull up some of the color. I really did not want to use any fluff or bling on a boy card! My 6 yr old would probably set me straight if I did! I did sneak in some stitching, though!

For card #3, I used the LilyRidesPolarBear image.I got the idea for this card from Debbie's (Thinking Inking) post here. I layered some Bo Bunny DP from last year and stitched the hills. (I did it in-between innings, so my hubby could not complain! LOL) I used some Ocean Tides and Kraft cardstock to accompany this DP. Isn't the tag cute? Of course, it is another one of those Free sentiments! I sponged some Ocean Tides ink around the edges and added some Ocean Twill ribbon too.
Here is a close-up of Lily. I colored the image with Copics and cut it out. I added some glitter to all of her fur trim to make it shimmery - I just love some sort of bling or shimmer on all of my cards!

Gotta get some stuff done! I am so glad the weekend is almost here! Sunday is my birthday (30-something) and my parents are coming over on Saturday night for dinner. My Mom is cooking steak au poivre - one of my favs! Med-Rare and with some mushrooms in the sauce of course! Yum-O! I am hungry just thinking about it! Well, I will let ya chew on that morsel! Hugs, ~Tori

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Tori, I love all your creations! I especially love the one with Lily riding a polar bear and the stitched hills in the background!

Maria said...

Hey Tori! I love all 3 cards. . .your color choices are fantastic. Great choice of dps too! The scenary on the Lily polar bear is so cool!! Beautiful job on this week's release!

maria

Dena E's Blog said...

Your creations and blog are just delightful!!! How do you do it and be FisherWoman and Mommy??
God has truly blessed you.
Hugs Dena and Happy Autumn too

MacKenzie said...

Love your cards this week EVEN THOUGH you're a Phillies fan.

Unknown said...

These are SO cute Tori! great fun colors - and papers too! FANTASTIC job on this week's release!