Thursday, April 15, 2010

Aloha!

Aloha, y'all! Today is Thursday, so that means Pink Cat Studio has another digi release today!!

Today's images are all Hawaiian themed. There are also a bunch of new Free Sentiments to go with them! Melissa is the best!

When I saw this froggie image, I knew I had to create another Tent Card. It reminded me of the jiggly hula girls people have on their car dashes. I have not seen one in any one's car forever, but saw lots of them as a kid. Guess the fad has passed - LOL!! I had to pull out some of my favorite 'beach-y' DP from last summer by Making Memories. It goes well with Aqua Mist (PTI) and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I used a hibiscus flower die from QK and the sentiment is from Hangin' Loose with Kona from Eclectic Paperie. The leaf punch is from EK Success. Here is a side view. I used some jump rings to connect Ms. Froggie.
Here is a close-up of Ms. Froggie. I colored her with Copics, cut her out and added bling and some Liquid Glass (CTMH) on her eyes and lips. I added a little white gel pen to her cheeks. On the inside of the card, I cut an oval nestie panel in white and airbrushed the background landscape with E31, E37, & BG000.

Check out the new Hawaiian inspired images!!


Thanks for stopping by to take a looksie! ~Tori

4 comments:

Piali said...

Love it!! Dancing Hula froggie...
cuuuuuuute!!I really have to try tent card sometime.
TFS!

Maria said...

Tori! I love that tent card! I never made one but it looks like such a fun card. It's on my to do list for sure! I love the hanging hula frog. What a fantastic idea. I love all the pretty colors too! Beautiful job on this week's release!!

Maria

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is darling, Tori! I haven't made one either... will have to give it a try. Super cute!

Sonia said...

Hi Tory
Haha...this image is so cute...and your card is absolutely beautiful. I really love it.
Hugs,
Ranita