Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shopping Birthday Diva!!

Happy Thursday, Diva's! LOL! This little owl is such a shopping diva! She is one of the new Digi images being released today over at Pink Cat Studio! I made this card for my MIL's birthday which is later this week.
I am in love with this new Basic Grey Kioshi DP!! It is so soft and pretty. I paired it with some Soft Sky & Pink Pirouette. The sentiment is from Amy R's Birthday sentiment set. I made the little flower in her hair by myself! It is very similar to the small prima roses you can buy. I made it using 5 small primas, a brad and some glue. Here is a wonderful tutorial that gave me the inspiration to create them! I did not have the color of flowers I wanted, so I airbrushed them with some Y00 & Y11 and then created the flower embellishment. I added a panel punched with a MS border punch and some Aqua Mist polka dot ribbon.
Here is a close-up of this Diva. I colored her with some Copics and sponged some Pink Pirouette ink around the oval panel. I added some Liquid Glass to Ms. Diva's eyes and some clear stickles to her eyelids - she's looking very saucy! For her hat, I colored it solid with Copics and then made hatch marks with my colorless blender to make it look like straw! I added a little liquid glass to her purse and added some clear dots with my colorless blender.
Here is the inside of the card. It has another sentiment in the birthday set.
For the top of the inside of the card, I created a pocket for a gift card. My MIL just got one of those Nook readers from Barnes & Noble, so I got her a gift card to download some books!

Here is a peek of the new Diva's being released today! Aren't they fab? Thanks for stopping by! ~Tori

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your card is gorgeous Tori! I love the soft colours, way to go!
Hugs,
Melissa

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Tori! YOur card is beautiful. I love the flower on the hat. . .what a fantastic idea! Love your choice of colors too!!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Maria