Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Celebrate The Day!

Happy Wednesday to ya! Sorry I have been MIA lately, but it has been really busy lately. It seems I managed to over-extend myself this month and it seems as if there are not enough hours in the day! This is going to be a quick post, as I am going with my 4 yr old son's class to the pumpkin patch today! He is really excited!

For this card, I used one of Hero Arts clear acrylic stamps. I was in a hurry last week and my Mom asked me to put together a card for one of my Aunt's birthdays. I immediately thought of this set that I bought in the spring and had never seen any ink. My poor stamps - some of them are so neglected! LOL!

Anyway, I am still on a Basic Grey Lemonade kick, so I paired it with some Pretty in Pink and some PTI Aqua Mist. I think it is a very cheery card! I used a pink prima, some punches and a pearl to make a quick embellishment. I know I use this technique a lot, but it is so simple and packs a huge punch! I also added some lime green stickles to the spots around the cupcake and some clear stickles to the icing for lots of shimmer. Lastly, I added some Liquid Glass (CTMH) to the cherry on top!

I stamped the image multiple times so I could create lots of dimension with layers. The base is just the image stamped and colored; the second layer is the bottom part of the cupcake; the third layer is the icing popped up and lastly, the cherry is even popped up on top! I created the background by blending a few colors of BG and my colorless blender.

Here is a close-up of the layering:My Mom never writes inside the cards I make. She includes a slip of paper inside with her hand-written note, so someone could re-use it if they wanted. She sent it to my Aunt last week and I got the nicest email about it. She has it displayed in her house and plans to send it to one of her cousins in Nov with a note about keeping it moving through the family. She wants each person to use a separate sheet of paper, so it can be used over and over. She wants to see where and to whom this card travels! Well, let me tell you, this warms my heart that they love my card so much AND I think it is a really neat idea! :)

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts; Ink - Memento, Copics; Paper - Pretty in Pink, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White (both PTI), Lemonade DP (Basic Grey); Accessories - Nesties, Lime Green and Clear Stickles, Prima, Pearl (Basic Grey), leaf punches - Martha Stewart & Ek Success, foam tape, sewing machine, Liquid Glass (CTMH)

Gotta Run! I will be back tomorrow with new digi's from PCS! Have a fabulous day! ~Tori

2 comments:

Jenny Maron said...

Tori - this card is gorgeous! Love all the layering - it really makes the card SO special. What a nice tradition your family has started with the card - guess it won't be showing up in Etsy???

Mary Giles said...

This is absolutely a perfect birthday card complete with sprinkles(glitter) and a cupcake. I love the papers and the colors AND THE LAYERING...fabulous!