Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Halloween Treat!

Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a good day so far! We are going to see Brad Paisley tonight, so I have a bunch to get accomplished before tonight!

I have started making some super quick Halloween Treats for my kids to give out to their friends. I saw this idea last week on this & this Stamp TV episode. Hers are a little more fancy, but these are for 1st graders and pre-schoolers - they only care about the candy! LOL!

I got a screamin' deal on the clear acrylic pillow boxes. I ordered 200 of them from Uline. They worked out to be about $.36 each after shipping - much cheaper than other places I looked! I need to make about 40 for Halloween for my kids' classes. I also plan to do something cute for their classes for Christmas, so that's 80 total. My daughter also plans to make some goodies for her friends and loves to give her teachers chocolate during the holidays, so I felt it was a good investment!

Here is a close-up of one of them. I stamped them using SU's Batty for You set and punched it out using a 1 3/8" circle punch. I then layered it on a punched scalloped circle. I decided to use up some of my Ghostly Greetings DP from SU. I am really trying to use up what I have. My treat pillow is filled with 2 tootsie rolls, 1 smarties, 1 dum-dum pop and a small pack of candy corns - Sure to send any kid into sugar shock! What the hay, it's Halloween right? (For the record, I do not give my kids a lot of candy! In fact, we end up throwing out last year's Halloween candy right before the current Halloween, so we do not end up with ancient candy!)

Supplies: Stamps - Batty for You (SU); Ink - Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Black, Orchid Opulence; Paper - Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Black, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings DP (All SU); Accessories - Pillow Boxes (Uline), Circle & Scallop Punches (SU), glue dots

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see the new PCS Digi's being released! ~Tori

No comments: