Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Winter Pink Cat Studio Digi's and a FREE Digi Download!!

Happy Thursday to ya! It has been a very busy and stressful week for me. Our router died on Tues, rendering our Internet non-existent! I went and got a new router and the software to load it crashed my computer! Ack! To add insult to injury, Parker, my 6 yr old, woke up with 102 degree temp and a slight case of bronchitis. He is on some antibiotics now and feeling better. The cherry on top was Tues evening when I opened my garage door to leave and a live snake fell out of the garage door (still wondering where it was), landing about a foot away from me! I screamed so loud! LOL! I finally coaxed it out of my garage and went on my merry way! And that was just Tuesday! You can only sit back and laugh at a day like that...or drink! Hee hee! I did get a new router and we are back in business. My 6 yr old is on the mend, so things are looking up!

Sorry for the book! LOL! Now on to the really important stuff!
~~~~~~Free stuff!~~~~~~

Would you like to try digital stamping for free?
Melissa has created an informative tutorial to show you how easy it is to download and print digital stamps. In the tutorial there is a free digi stamp that you can download and try out.
Here is a link to the tutorial if you would like to give it a try:
http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Digital/Tutorials/DigiStamps_TestItOut.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out these sweeties that are now in the Pink Cat Studio digi store! Don't forget to check out the FREE sentiments too!

This is Winter Coat Lily. She looks so sweet!I colored her with my copics and cut out using Oval Nesties. I layered the colored image on Cool Caribbean. It is a good match to the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DP I used along with some Pretty in Pink. I ran a pink panel through my CB with a snow flake embossing folder. I added some stitching in a random pattern around the edges of the layered panels. This fabulous sentiment is one of Melissa's free ones in her store! (Check it out using the link above.) If you look close, I added a tiny punched snowflake with a blue pearl to the knot of the ribbon. The snowflake was punched using my EK Success snowflake border punch.
Here's a close-up of Lily. I added some white Fun Flock to her hand-warmer to make it fuzzy and soft and some white gel pen to her cheeks!

For my second card, I used the Santa Owl Tree Digi Image. The 2 little owls snoozing in the trunk are adorable! Maybe I went a little crazy with the embellishments - I added some Liquid Pearls to Santa Owl's cap, Stickles to the star and Christmas lights, Liquid Glass to the gifts and some Martha Stewart Snow Glitter to the ground! Yikes! That's a lot! I swear, it is really too cute in person, tho! I reached way back in my Basic Grey stash and found some Figgy Pudding DP. I paired it with some Riding Hood Red and Always Artichoke. I sponged a little Artichoke around the edges of the colored image and tag. I used another punched snowflake and some bling on the tag as well.

Here is a close-up of Santa Owl!

Well, that's all for today. I am taking my 4 yr old to the allergist today to discuss his multiple drug allergies. He is allergic to 3 classes of antibiotics already! We are trying to figure what he can take when he gets sick so he stops having reactions. Wish us luck!

Have a great day! ~Tori

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, Tori! I love the soft pink Lily and that sparkly snow in the Christmas Owl Tree is so lovely!

Inge Groot said...

Lovely cards Tori, the pink Lily is my favorite... so soft and sweet!

Inge xOx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Lily is so soft & pretty Tori--just beautiful. And I adore the Owls--love the liquid pearls & snow--perfect (never can have too many embellies ya know, LOL)!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kristen said...

These are both wonderful, but I LOVE the Lily one. Wow, you have made her so wintery soft. Great cards!

Melisa Waldorf said...

These images are tooo stinkin' cute!! I wish I had time to try them!