Thursday, October 29, 2009

New PCS Digi Images!! Mmmm....Cocoa

Hey Peeps! Hope you are having a Happy Thursday! Today, I have another class party to go to today, this time for my first grader's class! My other son had his yesterday, so we are almost done with all of this partying! Yesterday wore me out - 18 four year olds in costumes...so cute....so much work! LOL!

Today is New Digi Release Thursday over at Pink Cat Studio!

I have 3 new cards to share with you, so grab a cup-o-joe and settle on in!

The first project I am sharing with you today is the new Lily Hot Cocoa image. As soon as I saw these images, I just had to make another cocoa packet holder!! They are so quick and easy to make. Here is the template for making them. Isn't she so sweet with her cup of cocoa and marsh mellows? I {heart} hot cocoa....when it's cold of course! We got up to PA in the winter to visit family and being from FL, I freeze my keister off and tend to chug hot cocoa to stay warm! I am not much of a coffee drinker (except Starbucks Frappucino's of course), but I will fix a coffee with a packet of cocoa and a little milk in it - but only if it's not too hot here! It's still in the upper 80's in FL!! It got colder for about 2 days and back to the heat!

I am trying to use up some of my old Christmas Basic Grey DP lines. For these cards, I opened up Fruitcake. Yup, you read it right....I've had that paper pack for over 2 yrs and never opened it! I love the snowflakes on this DP and it matches Ocean Tides cardstock perfectly! The sentiment is another one of Melissa's awesome FREE digi sentiments available HERE. I used a label nestie to cut it out and then airbrushed it as well. My snowflake embellishment was made using a Martha Stewart punch, a PTI button and some linen thread. To tie the card shut, I used some white swirl organza ribbon from Creative Impressions - love this ribbon so much, I bought a whole roll (25 yds) in white! I have a ribbon obsession! LOL!

Here is a close-up of Lily with her chocolatey-concoction. I colored her with my Copics, cut her out and popped her up using foam tape. I used my Copic ABS system to airbrush Lily's background with a BG72 marker.
Here is the inside of the Cocoa Packet card. These Cocoa packets are so yummy! This one is actually a Cappuccino mix.
Here is a close-up of the sentiment inside. It comes from the PTI set Warm Happiness.


For my second card, I used the Cocoa Billy image.

He is too sweet! My little boys love 'hot cocoa'. I grew up calling it Hot Chocolate, but they are insistent on calling it cocoa! I used some more BG Fruitcake DP along with some Riding Hood Red and Old Olive cardstock. This snowflake embellie was made using a Marvy snowflake punch and an olive button and more linen thread. This is another FREE sentiment! I also added some stitching around the edges of the DP.

I colored Billy with my Copics, cut him out and popped him up. I used the Deckle Rectangle Nesties and airbrushed the background using a G02 marker.

For my third card, I used the Lily Elf image. Isn't she a cutie?

I wanted to use more of the Fruitcake DP and paired it with Blue Bayou and Old Olive cardstock. I added some whimsical stitching around the DP and some straight stitches around the colored image. I also sponged some Blue Bayou around the image and sentiment (yet another FREE sentiment - go check them out peeps!)

Here is a close-up of this little elf!


Ok, I am off and running....thankfully my kids are off school tomorrow, 'cause we have another busy weekend on tap! Happy Trick-or-Treating if I don't get anything else posted! ~Tori

13 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW! Tori. Those images are so cute!! I love them. And you rocked them girlie! I love the colors on the last one the most! Awesome chick!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creations, Tori! I love all the aspects of the hot chocolate box especially that little sentiment inside! Beautiful colours all around!

Unknown said...

Tori - these are so cute! love how you did the cocoa -- with the peek a boo hole...fabulous. Have a super day!

Melissa said...

These are gorgeous Tori! I so love how you colour the images. Wonderful work!!

Maria said...

Hey Tori! Oooh, I love that cocoa packet pocket card you created! Such a fun card! I have this thing for pocket cards! LOL!

Great choice of colors and paper too. Your Billy card is adorable and your Lily Elf is so festive. Beautiful job on this week's release!

Maria

Inge Groot said...

I love our projects Tori, and how fun you've also made a hot chocolate box! Gee I wished I knew there was a template, now I had to figure it all out by myself *lol* the extra flap gives this box just that little extra. Thanks for the link!

Fabulous creations:-D

Inge xOx

Jodi said...

These are just so adorable!! I love your work, it's flawless!
Hugs
Jodi =)

MacKenzie said...

Great stuff girl! Your coloring is beautiful and that little peek-a-boo cut out on the cocoa packet is fab!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful projects Tori! Love the soft colors on the hot cocoa gift & cut-out circle inside (my fave hot chocolate mixes too)! Billy & Lilly are colored beautifully--love all the pretty holiday papers you've used! Are your lights on now? LOL--we might me twins from different mothers, hee hee!

hugz,
Suzanne

Unknown said...

These are all SOOO cute Tori, I especially LOVE the little elf!! Looks like you've been super busy!!

Kerry D-C said...

ooooh! aaaaaaah! these are all FABULOUS! I am so glad that you held onto that paper for just the right cards and projects! Heehee! You mean we are suppose to use all the paper we buy?!
Still in the 80's?! lucky! it has snowed here already!!!! (didn't stick though, thankfully) And I am with you on the coffee (ick) and Starbucks Frappucino's (YUMMERS!)

Kristen said...

Tori, your cards and projects came out sooo cute. Loveyour choice in papers. Great jpb with the new images.

Lesley said...

Your cards and projects are just gorgeous!!!