Monday, October 19, 2009

Cocoa Packet Holder

Happy Monday to ya! Hope y'all are staying warm and toasty! Fall has finally hit N. FL! On Thurs, it was in the upper 80's and I comfortably wore a sleeveless dress to the Brad Paisley concert and then Friday night it was in the 60's! Saturday & Sunday were chilly and windy during the soccer games and lacrosse practice! I had to go buy new Under Armor for my kiddos! I know you Northerners are chuckling right now that I am a wimp about weather in the 60's, but you are not acclimated to that kind of weather in FL! Your blood thins out!

Anyhow, I have a nice toasty gift to share today! I got the idea and template for this Cocoa Packet Holder from Debbie (Thinking Inking). If you are not already a fan of hers, check her out - she is amazingly talented! This box holds one of those yummy gourmet cocoa packets!
She was so kind to share the template for making these on that post above. They are super easy and quick. I printed the template onto Kraft cardstock, cut and scored, etc. I created some background paper using my Guidelines 2 set from PTI using VersaMark ink on Dark Chocolate. The mug (from the Warm Happiness set - PTI) was stamped using Dark Chocolate & Aqua Mist onto Kraft, cut out with Nesties and layered onto some Aqua Mist. The sentiment for the tag is from Holiday Treats set. I added some linen thread and an Aqua button to finish it off. I ran some Aqua Mist polka dot ribbon under the background paper and around the back of the box, so I could tie it closed.
For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from the Warm Happiness set and added more of my home made background paper.

Here is a close-up of the inside sentiment:

I hope you enjoyed this quick project! I am planning on pairing some marshmellows and a cute mug with these for teachers gifts this season! Maybe throw a Starbucks card in there too! I try to show my kids teachers how much I appreciate all they do! I help out in the classes when I can, but I could not do what they do - it requires patience I do not have! LOL!

Supplies: Stamps - Warm Happiness, Guidelines 2, Holiday Treats (all PTI); Ink - Dark Chocolate, VersaMark, Aqua Mist; Paper - Kraft, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate; Accessories - Nesties, Aqua Mist Ribbon, Scor-Tape, Aqua Mist button, linen thread

Have a fabulous day! ~Tori

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Very cute Tori! I'll be nice, and not tell you that we actually had 31 degrees here the other night! lol!!! Of course, it IS Missouri, so we'll probably have 71 today! It stayed in the mid 50's yesterday - I was out all day and got burned to a crisp on my face and hands! Crazy, right? Anyway, LOVE your cocoa holder - thanks for sharing!!!

Jenny Maron said...

What a GREAT idea for this time of year, Tori! You might say it's simple, but it certainly doesn't LOOK simple - I'd LOVE to get something like this!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Tori, This is just so cute. I live in the Pacific NW,(the desert part) and grew up in Georgia, so I know what you mean about the the cooler temps...lol. Our summers are dry and mid to high 90s when out of the blue it is fall at 19 in the am and 60 by noon...However I have to say 60 in spring in warmer than 60 in fall...Have a great day, love your idea, soooo cute...Lisa G